Monday 4 June 2018

DOORS OPEN OTTAWA 2018



Larissa and I explored a few buildings this weekend with Doors Open Ottawa. Here's some picture of the buildings we went to see.

My fascination of the built environment has always inspired me. I've always loved architecture, so being allowed to visit buildings in a city I love is always exciting. I brought along my actual camera, and not just my Iphone this time as well. It's definitely a different experience shooting with a real camera and not just your phone. Not sure how I feel because my phone is so convenient but you can be the judge and let me know if the picture quality is noticeable.

The Delegation of the Ismaili Imamat

I was most excited to visit this building. I'd seen pictures of it from friends who got to see it during a school tour (which I had to miss unfortunately). So I was happy to get to finally see it myself.















National Research Council Canada (NRC) - Temple of Science

We also went into this building since it was nearby. It was interesting to see the different style of architecture all within the same area.






We also went into the Lester B. Pearson Building - Global Affairs Canada building across the street. I didn't take any pictures because we were only allowed to tour the main floor, which was mostly a lobby. It's also a working government building so to be honest it wasn't my cup of tea visually.


Larissa and I spent the rest of the afternoon drinking coffee in Major's Hill Park. It was a beautiful summer day in Ottawa and I'm so happy I got to spend it with Larissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment