Tuesday 5 June 2018

BEAUTY // DIP POWDER MANICURE



Recently I've been getting dip powder manicures. Here's my review on this particular style of manicure compared to regular polish or gel shellac.


Lately I've been getting my nails done at Phi Beauty Bar. I first started going there when a friend from work recommended it to me. For me it was in a convenient location so I booked my first appointment here to get my nails done for my ring ceremony back in the fall. Maria did my gel shellac manicure and right away I was so impressed with Maria's attention to detail. She blew every other nail artist out of the park for me, so after my first time I knew I'd be back again to get my nails done by her.

Ever since high school I've been really into doing my own manicures. I loved buying crazy amounts of different coloured polishes and doing fun designs on my nails, as well as doing my friends nails for fun. So going from doing my own nails to my expectations to getting them professionally done was a big step for me. I was so pleased to find Maria, someone who I found to be able to be capable of doing my nails to my standards. 

I started to get professional manicures for special occasions. So when I told another friend at work that I wanted to get my nails done for my Florida trip she recommended I try dip powder. I trusted her judgement and booked my appointment for my first dip powder manicure.

Without really knowing how the process works at first, it seemed like it took way more effort for the same results. However, as the wore my manicure throughout the next couple weeks I discovered the many benefits to getting my nails done with powder versus shellac. Unfortunately Maria isn't able to do the dip powder manicures so I got them done by another artist there.


PROS about dip powder:
  • doesn't chip easily (or at all, my nails didn't chip the entire time I had them)
  • lasts 3-4 weeks
  • nails stay strong and are more durable
  • great colour selection
  • my nail underneath has continued to grow out healthily  


I would definitely recommend getting dip powder manicures at PHI Beauty Bar if you're considering it. I didn't think it was possible to like a manicure more but I've been loving my nails because of dip powder more than ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment