Thursday 7 June 2018

PLANT WOMAN



This month it's been my mission to bring more plants into my home. Since we've moved upstairs it's so much brighter and there's nothing like filling your living space with a little greenery. 

If you know me at all you know I love plants; flowers, trees, cacti, succulents. However, whenever I brought any into our basement apartment they would all eventually die. Now that our space has so much more light and a little bit more room I've been working on filling it witth more plants. My roommate thinks it's a little odd but I know deep down he likes the added greenery too.

Being a plant mom is a lot of responsibility and it takes a lot of work sometimes. While watering and keep your plants alive is a whole challenge on it's own, finding your plant babies for affordable prices when you live downtown is a whole other story. So I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce you to the plant fam and give y'all a little insight to where I found them (some expensive some not so much).

Living Room

Money Tree // Pachira Aquatica 
$10 T&T


Palm Tree // Butterfly Palm // Areca
$20 IKEA

Dracaena // Dracaenareflexa
$15 Canadian Tire


Spider Plant // Chlorophytum Comosum
$12 Canadian Tire


Kitchen // Dinning 

Jade Plant // Crassula Ovata
$6 Lowe's


Pothos // Epipremnum Aurem
$12 Canadian Tire



Air Plants
$15 each Bloomfields
$5 each Evangeline's Flowers (wish I knew they were cheaper here before I bought them at Bloomfields tbh)

Spanish Moss
$2.50 for a handful


 

English Ivy // Hedera Helix
$3 Canadian Tire


Bedroom

Cactus
$5 T&T


Succulent // Echeveria // Perle Von Nurnberg
$5 Canadian Tire


It's definitely possible to find affordable plants close to downtown if you look in the right places. Whether it's at your closest T&T or a flower shop in Chinatown, I've found that these types of shops have the most affordable plants for the size and selection. Finding a good sized money tree for only $10 as opposed to a $12 or $15 one at an artisan flower shop in the Glebe is always a good day in my books.

If you're able to travel a little bit out of the downtown core I'd suggest hitting up a Canadian Tire or Lowe's for more affordable plants as well! These stores usually have a very large selection of plants as well, so the options are endless. You can always Uber back home with your new plant babies if you don't have a car like myself.

If a large palm plant is on your wishlist hit up IKEA! A large palm like this one can cost you up to $50 at other shops (even Canadian Tire). IKEA also has a wide selection of pots to replant your babies in too. You can always go to a good Dollarama however for new pots.

I really hope the added sunlight will help me keep these babies alive and thriving. These plants bring me so much joy and life when I see them in my space and I hope I manage to keep up with my green thumb. I can't wait to see what other plants I can find throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment