Thursday 31 May 2018

BEAUTY // LASHES BY AYSHA



I decided to try lash extensions for the first time. Here's what I thought about my experience.

I'd like to consider myself a pretty low maintenance girl. I usually do pretty minimal make up (not including my eyebrows haha), and only for special occasions and when I go to work. I only get my nails done professionally once in a blue moon. One because I'm cheap and two because I couldn't be bothered. However, with so many beautiful ladies I know getting lash extensions these days I just couldn't resist the curiosity of getting mine done as well. My friend Vianca got her's done by a friend who is still practicing her technique and I thought this would be the perfect way to try out this beauty trend without breaking the bank.

I have pretty thin hair in general and so because of that I have really sparse eyebrows and eye lashes. You can see this below in my BEFORE pictures. I've always wondered about getting microblading for my eyebrows but never thought of doing anything for my lashes until recently.


I met Aysha at her home studio and she was professional and friendly. We settled in and started to work on my lashes. We went for a look that would make my lashes look long and natural, with a little volume. She used these incredible lashes that suited my hooded eyelids. My lashes tend to stick straight out, and I've never been bothered to curl them so these lashes really pointed out and up making them very visible and long! I loved them!

BEFORE


AFTER


The process wasn't uncomfortable, Aysha had a gentle hand and knew what she was doing. I will say that even though I was warned that the process took a long time I didn't realize how long it would actually take. It was kinda nice to be able to lay down and relax for 2 hours, but it definitely felt like I was lying there for an eternity (which I think was the only downside to this experience).

When she was done and I saw my lashes I was so impressed. They looked long and full but still really natural. I've definitely enjoyed having them, and not having to worry about my mascara smudging throughout the day. I will also mention that at first, since they were so long they tickled my eye lids which took a day to get used to. Now they feel fine and I don't really notice them unless I open my eyes really big. BUT they also make me feel super cute and just a lil boogie (which i low key enjoy). I think I'm going to see Aysha again to get them refilled for a little extra flare for my graduation.

To me lash extensions are definitely a fun way to enhance your natural look and they definitely make your make up routine a little faster. However unless I'm going away for a beach holiday I personally wouldn't get them regularly because they are a little more effort to maintain on the daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment