Thursday 18 February 2016

VANCOUVER // TUESDAY


Whistler


Andrea and I woke up good and early to catch the bus at 6:30 am to Whistler. We took advantage of the amazing deal Epic Rides has to get us to the mountains (https://epicrides.ca/). The bus ride was quite long, and in between dozing off and on I managed to take in the See to Sky highway. Even the bus was misty inside I enjoyed getting a preview to the beautiful mountains I'd be exploring later in the day.

First thing we did was get our morning cup of joe at Starbucks to completely wake ourselves up. Then as soon as we were awakened we got in line for the Whistler Village Gondola up Whistler Mountain. (tip for our next trip, visit the activity centre in the village to get discounted gondola tickets)

The day was absolutely beautiful and the weather was perfect!










Then we went peak 2 peak and took in the amazing sites. 

Over on Blackcomb Mountain we enjoyed a lunch by an amazing view. 

While we waited in line for the gondola, one of the helpful village hosts told us to take the chair lift back down the mountain. This way we would be able to see different views, rather than just taking the gondola back the way we came. It was honestly some of the best advice we received all day. Andrea and I had a blast going down with the mountain air keeping us cool. It was thrilling and totally bad ass. I'm so thankful for all the helpful hosts and locals/other tourists giving us helpful and interesting tips for our visit.








After hours of walking and exploring Andrea and I took a little rest and had some more snacks before exploring the village shops. Then we got on the bus to home sweet home, exhausted from our day of day.

Whistler was breath taking and totally worth every penny. I would 100% go back again, because I feel as though there is so much more I could see or do. For those of you who enjoy Blue Mountain in Collingwood, Ontario, would LOVE Whistler. I'm so happy to have gone to Whistler with my best friend, we laughed so much and absolutely loved the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment