Friday 19 February 2016

LUSH SPA




While I was in Vancouver, Andrea and I made a schedule for everything we wanted to do during my visit. We really wanted to go to a spa for a treatment, but couldn't seem to find one in our budget or near by. 


So instead of paying anywhere from $100 or more for only a half an hour session we "invested" our money at Lush instead. This way we could get more than one treatment, and we could even buy more things to try since we were splitting the costs.
Our total at home spa day came to a grand total of $74 together, and we could even get more than once use out of these products.

After all was said and done, we thought about which products we ended up really loving. Also we thought about which ones we would skip purchasing for our next spa day treat.


Foot Soak and Fancy Free (http://www.lush.ca/Foot-Soak-And-Fancy-Free/06418,en_CA,pd.html)

As much fun as this one was to splash around in the tub, it really didn't seem to do much. The day before Andrea and I had been hiking around Whistler, so our feet needed much love and attention. Other than make our feet primed and ready for the foot mask we'd apply later, it also smelled quite nice.

Be warned though, this salt has a lot of bits to it. If you are using it in the tub, then it's a little messy. 



Golden Handshake (http://www.lush.ca/Golden-Handshake/04413,en_CA,pd.html)

I truly did enjoy this hand mask. I thought it made my hands really soft and revived after a day of bouldering downtown. 

The only negative thing I can say about this hand masks was that it took a lot of work to lather into my hands. I wish it worked almost like a soap and foamed up a little quicker.


Rosy Cheeks (http://www.lush.ca/Rosy-Cheeks/04411,en_CA,pd.html)

This heavenly smelling fresh face mask will definitely be purchased again. Not only did it smell good but I believe it truly did wonders for my skin. I'm excited to repurchase this mask for when I decide to pamper myself next, and to try their other masks.


Jasmine and Henna Fluff - Eaze (http://www.lush.ca/Jasmine-Henna-Fluff-Eaze/02687,en_CA,pd.html)

This hair mask was not the best smelling product in my opinion (even though Andrea said it smelled faintly of vanilla). It did make my hair feel soft and smooth, but not entirely silky. Even after a second try a day later I don't think it was the most effect hair mask compared to others I have tried before.


Volcano (http://www.lush.ca/Volcano-Foot-Mask/9999902152,en_CA,pd.html)

This foot masks was sensational. While I will admit I'm not entirely sure it had any effect on the rough patches of my feet, I will say it was interrogating. First impression of this foot masks was the beautiful minty scent it had. Then after application this mask got cold and hot, which really showed that it working in full force. This product was such a blast and I would definitely repurchase it for my next chill session after a long hike.


These next two products are something I've been meaning to get for a long time, just hadn't felt like splurging until that day.

Yuzu and Cocoa Bubbleroon (http://www.lush.ca/Yuzu-and-Cocoa/04136,en_CA,pd.html)

Ever since I tried the bath bombs my lovely roomies gave me for Christmas, I've been wanting to go back for more. I picked up this one because I wanted to have more bubbles in my tub, and I'm so excited to see how it works when I get home from Vancouver.

Seanik (http://www.lush.ca/Seanik/02164,en_CA,pd.html)

This solid shampoo bar is something I've wanted to pick up for literally years. That day I finally took the plunge and got it. I have quite fine hair that needs help in the volume department. I really think this product did add a significant amount of volume to my hair, however I'm not sure I'm in love with the way it smells. I would repurchase it for it voluminous effects, but not for it's scent. I can't wait to try their other bars when this one is all used up though.

Overall Andrea and I had a fun time pampering ourselves before another long day in Vancouver. It was really exciting to go on a shopping spree in Lush and pick up whatever we wanted to try out. We even managed to find some new things to love. Home made spa days for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment