Sunday 14 February 2016

VANCOUVER PART III


On February 12th I ventured off to the airport, commencing my trip to Vancouver!! Around 5 pm before I was about to head out, the weather was incredibly snowy and I started to think that I might not have such an easy flight. Not to mention I was pretty anxious to begin with since it was my first time flying completely solo.

Anyways I'm waiting at my gate when the flight agent informs us that we can't take off until Toronto (who has having even WORSE weather) can properly receive us. Of course, naturally I start to get worried because I need to make to Toronto it in time to catch my connecting flight to Vancouver. So I call my dad and he assures me that even if I miss my connecting flight that the airline will reconnect me and I'll make it to Vancouver one way or another.

Long story short, my flight to Toronto gets delayed, I miss my connecting flight that night, and the airline isn't able to connect me until A DAY AND A HALF LATER! Fortunately for me, my parents don't live too far from the city and were able to come save me. As much of a inconvenience as it was to be delayed, I was pretty thankful and happy that I got to see my family before flying across the country.

Finally essentially two days later, I am FINALLY HERE, in VANCOUVER!! I'm feeling so blessed to have amazing family and friends who I can count on. Hopefully the good times start tonight, and I can start posting all our cool adventures throughout the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment