Sunday 21 February 2016

VANCOUVER // THURSDAY


Stanley Park / Rock Climbing

On Thursday, like most other days in Vancouver, it was calling for rain. Andrea and I decided to make the most of the day and brave the weather.

We started off the day nice and easy, we went to Metrotown to do a little shopping. I didn't pick up anything that day, but Andrea did aha!

After Metrotown we took the bus over to Stanley Park, and to our surprise the weather cleared up! The sun even came out, and as we walked over to Stanley Park all the luscious greenery made it appear to be spring in the middle of February. It reminded me of the type of weather I experience whenever I'd go to the States to visit family.

Unfortunately for me I forgot something...


To my dismay I discovered I had forgotten my memory card for my camera at home that day. Thankfully I was able to take some pictures on my phone.







I was still thankful that I got to see Stanley Park on such a beautiful day. I'll always remember it even though I don't have too many pictures to prove it.

After the park we went on home for dinner, and chilled out before our next adventure.

For our evening activity, Andrea and I had something planned that I had stumbled upon when I had been researching for things to do on my trip. We were going to try bouldering, aka rock climbing (indoors) for the first time.

We went to this place called the Hive, a really awesome friendly rock climbing gym (http://hiveclimbing.com/vancouver/). The super cool staff gave us some tips and then we were on our own.





We had a blast, and now I definitely want to to find a rock climbing gym near my own home.

Thursday was a pretty chill day, if I say so myself. I got to try something new along side one of my lifetime friends, and we discovered new passions and had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment