Thursday 13 June 2019

ALBERTA // CANMORE



Views on views on views from Mount Yamnuska, Canmore.

Waking up in Canmore was a dream. There was blue skies and a cool breeze. Eager to get out to our hike we woke up relatively early.








Still can't believe we climbed all the way up to this summit.

We made some furry friends along the way (including a brown bear on our way down).






Almost to the top, the summit elevation was about 2250 m.


Not going to lie, it was quite the climb. The boys were so good about taking extra breaks because of my asthma. I have never felt so out of shape. Not to mention the vertigo from being so high. I'd say I pushed through it but I enjoyed every minute. It was definitely a challenge but it was exactly what I was hoping to experience during my time in Alberta, great mountain choice Adam!





Living life on the edge, as per usual. Adam told us we were being boarder line stupid tourists as Coy and I played along the edge of this peak. 



Saw so many pretty wild flowers on the way to the top.







We enjoyed some beef jerky and juice boxes on the summit. The view was breath taking. We even squeezed in a little cat nap on the top. The sun came out while we were up here and it was so nice to bask in the sun.









The way down was definitely just as challenging as the climb up. We ended up scree skiing down the mountain. I wasn't the biggest fan to be honest... but mostly because my legs already felt like jello from the hike up. I ffelt like bambi on ice trying to scree, quite the experience.


Definitely fell for the mountains today. They were so beautiful and I'm so happy I got to see them up close and personal. I can't wait to venture back out here again and climb some more!


No comments:

Post a Comment