Friday 14 June 2019

ALBERTA // BANFF DAY I


Banff, you're a beauty.

We woke up to a bunch of snow on our second day in Canmore. We were optimistic that the weather would clear up for our day trip to Banff.



BANFF

Waiting for the snow, rain, and mist to clear we explored Banff and did a lil shopping. I bought my first patagucci as my souvenir for the trip. 


LAKE LOUISE

Once the sky started to clear in Banff we headed out to get our tourist on at Lake Louise and Moraine.

Louise was even more beautiful than I could have imagined. My pictures don't do it justice and I'm too lazy to edit them for the blog. We were still a little sore from the day before, so we were enjoying the views without having to hike for hours to get em.









LAKE MORAINE

A lil less touristy but just as (if not more) beautiful. 







BANFF UPPER HOT SPRINGS

We soaked in the hot springs to recover from all the walking/hiking we'd been doing. It was nice to relax and take in the fresh mountain air. So peaceful.



Every mountain or lake Cody and I saw we were just in awe. Gasping at every turn, the clouds cleared on our way home and we got to see even more mountains!



We also saw so much wild life along the parkway. We saw, deer, bears, elk?/caribous?, mountain sheep, and gofers of course.


THE DRAKE

Our time in Canmore would not have been complete without a night out at the Drake. We played drinking games back at the condo. Turns out I suck at drinking games in Alberta too. These calgarians really know how to party, and boy can they dance as well. We walked along the boardwalk at night to the Drake. Got down and dirty on the dance floor when truth hurts by Lizzo played. t was a night for the books. 





No comments:

Post a Comment