Thursday 6 October 2016

EXPLORE: WILLSON CARBIDE RUINS



Today Adam and I headed to Gatineau, Quebec to explore the Willson Carbide Mill. Everyone and their dog had been posting pictures of the beautiful ruins there, so I figured it was time to take a gander myself.




To my surprise Gatineau Park was free to park and explore! The weather was a little overcast, but that meant it wasn't swelteringly hot for our walk.




The Willson Carbide Ruins are nestled into the woods of Gatineau Park. It's a small climb, but a fairly easy and enjoyable walk. Even the fall colours have started to appear amongst the trees!








The ruins did not disappoint, they were refreshing and breath-takingly-beautiful (yes that's a word today). I had so much fun watching Adam monkey around as he scaled the ruins as well. 









What I love most about exploring with Adam is that he pushes me to new limits and is always down to go a little off the beaten path. We got our feet wet, climbed around, and got to see a different perspective- so I guess my advice to all of you is to not be afraid to venture a little deeper. Don't be afraid to make your own path and have fun!

Today started off with a 1 km swim at the pool, and then ended with a 8 km hike (more on that tomorrow). 

Today was a good day.

I'm already excited for the next adventure!

extras from Adam...












No comments:

Post a Comment