Thursday 8 September 2016

BACK TO SCHOOL


While school technically started yesterday I only just had my first classes of my fourth year today.



Not going to lie it was kinda nice getting back into that productive routine of getting up, getting ready, eating breakfast and heading out for the day. I'm actually starting to feel a little eager to really give my all to classes this year.

This year I really get to focus on myself, my studies, and my work. In the past I was able to easily distract myself with my relationship or other excuses. Not that spending time with my significant other was a waste of time or anything. I'm just excited to see how solo Angelica tackles school when it's her main priority, because trust me I definitely didn't stop myself before from being distracted by my boyfriend.

So far so good, I already feel more on top of things despite some complications with OSAP (but i know it'll blow over).

This evening I even went to swim laps for the first time at my university's pool with Anna. I've been at Carleton for 4 years and I haven't once swam in their pool. Also back in the day swimming was my main sport and I was even NLS certified, so it's been at least 6 years since I've been swimming laps for exercise. It truly felt amazing to be back in the water, not only did I feel like I was doing well by being active but it really helped clear my mind of any stress. I also had a great time because I got to go with Anna who has been nothing but supportive and motivational this entire summer! I can't wait to hit the pool up again next week, I might even be brave enough to go solo.

Cheers to 4th year! I gotta feeling it's going to be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment