Monday 5 September 2016

EXPLORE: PARLIAMENT CENTRE BLOCK TOUR



Not a cloud in the sky on this beautiful Labour Day long weekend. Today my friend and I explored the Parliament Centre Block and Peace Tower for the first time (in a long time at least for me). Once again sharing some of my favourite shots and thoughts.


We woke up bright and early to head downtown to get our tickets for a tour of Parliament. After a surprisingly quick wait in line we managed to get our tickets for a tour later in the afternoon.


It was exciting to enjoy some Gothic architecture in my own city since it is one of my favourite things.


I would love nothing more than to sit and read among Queen Victoria in the Library of Parliament. 




I was honestly surprised to discover the view of Ottawa from the Peace Tower. A tour of Parliament is definitely a must if you ever find yourself in Ottawa. 


There is even gold on the ceiling of the Peace Tower! So naturally I asked Vianca to take my picture aha.



Today was a good day with a friend that I am overjoyed to have in my life (I know I've been saying that a lot but it's because I mean it). We got to spend the day in a city that I am ever so in love with, all while admiring our surroundings in a whole new perspective. I couldn't have asked for a better friend to share this tour with. It's funny to think I've been in Ottawa for 3 years and have never taken the time to appreciate Parliament until today. I look forward to going on more adventures this gal in the future for she is truly inspiring and fun to be around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment