Saturday 22 October 2016

REVELATIONS


I just wanted to put all my current thoughts about myself in one space on my blog. You can read if you wish, and maybe we're going through the same thing. Or maybe you can find some comfort in my revelations.


People can change. People continuously evolve as they move through life and discover new interests and experience new things.

I've changed; in ways you probably wouldn't have EVER imagined. You wouldn't believe how I've adapted through this past summer.

I want him to know...

I drink a double rum and coke short now.

I stay up until 4 am some nights for work.

I sing out loud and out of tune.

I get out and explore more.

I grab drinks with friends.

I make the first move if I feel like it.

I make things for myself.

I travel when I want.

All these things I know aren't much, but for all these things you left me for because you thought that I wasn't the above - I am. I always had the ability to be these things, but you didn't see my potential and you let me go.

I realize I wasn't myself, or my best self when I was being held back by you.

It's a true shame that we couldn't lift each other up and be better together... but because I know I'm better off without you, now I'm really able to move on.

I'm happy now.

I love me.

I love you too, and I really want you to be happy - so good luck being happy without me because I'm moving onto bigger and better things.

I realized that you've changed too, and I'm okay with this. I've finally accepted this truth.

At the end of the day we just weren't what each other wanted or needed - incompatible might be the word for it.

However I'm glad you were part of that chapter in my life because without your release I never would've realized my worth.

No regrets love, thank you for letting me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment