Sunday 29 May 2016

YOGA I


During the early stages of my recent break up I turned to yoga to find calm and strength. I wanted to share my new and early yoga journey with you in case you were interested in anyway.



I have never been a "sporty" person. Throughout my teen years I played on sports teams for school, or practiced different skill building sports such as swimming or skating. I never did anything athletic professionally, and now as an adult I find it difficult to get myself interested in physical activity. Whether it's going to the gym, running, or anything I have never really been inspired to find a sport to stick with it in my adult life.

Last year I had talked about getting a gym membership, but I never followed through. I considered yoga but never enough to go out of my way and make it part of my every day life.

It wasn't until my last break up where I finally sought solace from yoga. I would wake up with such anxiety about myself and life. It would be hard to get out of bed, to motivate myself to do anything, to even breathe.

One day I stumbled upon the youtube channel called Yoga with Adriene. I loved how great it was to be able to do yoga from home by following along to her videos. So I started following her routines, whether it was a study break to calm my nerves, to to get myself up in the morning and get my breathing on track. Yoga seemed to get me into a happier mind set.

Right now as I am encouraging myself to try new and different things I am slowly discovering yoga. Last week I went to Yoga on Parliament Hill, with some lovely ladies I work with. It was a great way to start my day off right since i was able to be productive first thing in the day. At the session I was able to pick up a free first time pass to Pure Yoga Ottawa. I hope to check them out soon on one of my days off. I figured I will go once to use my coupon, and if that place seems like the right that I would consider getting a membership and making yoga a part of my routine. Hopefully I can make it fit into my budget! If not I can always do yoga from home as well.

After doing yoga on the hill I bought myself a yoga mat from Winners . Just a simple one to start with, that way I could at least feel prepared with the proper gear.

I'm excited to see where this new passion will take me for it has already gotten me one step closer to happiness.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment