Monday 16 May 2016

milk and honey



While killing time in a Chapters (one of my favourite hobbies) before an interview I found milk and honey by Rupi Kaur. I don't mean to exaggerate, but this book called my name from across the room and as soon as I opened it I knew I'd be taking my own copy home.





As I turned to a random page and read her words I instantly related. Not only did she write about things I have experienced, but it was if she took my very own thoughts and feelings and put them into this beautifully written artwork.


It wasn't until I read Rupi's work did I discover I had a love for poetry. Her words have started my healing process during this time of change and perseverance for myself. I would highly recommend picking up a copy if you are going through a breakup, need empowerment, or simply enjoy exquisite writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment