Sunday 10 January 2016

VANCOUVER PART I


A couple of days ago I finally made the decision to buy a plane ticket to Vancouver, British Columbia. One of my best friends lives there, and I had never been to the city before so I figured it would be the perfect excuse to go and explore.

I'd like to think of myself as an independent and responsible person, however I find that I have become very dependent on my boyfriend for almost everything. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing, because I think that I'm so lucky to have a partner that I can rely on and who is loyal to me. However, I still want to feel like I can survive on my own, you know what I mean?

You see, Liam is fortunate enough to have the opportunity to be able to travel for school (he's taking a trip to Europe soon). My program doesn't have opportunities like that so rather than just sitting around in my hometown (as usual) I have decide to take an adventure to Vancouver.

I'm so beyond excited to travel, but also I'll admit- I'm scared. I have never flown by myself before, let alone travel recently at all. It's certainly going to be an experience where I will be able to learn more about myself during my time alone. It will also be amazing to catch up with Andrea, and wander all over the city and make some great memories.

I'm excited to go on hikes, dabble in photography, try out new coffee shops and restaurants, and most importantly be able to be independent and free. I can't wait to see what Andrea has in store (she is a pro-travel guide by the way. fun fact: she showed me around Montreal for my first time there).

I'll be updating you guys more about this trip later, safe travels everyone.

PS. thinking of possibly getting my first tattoo there as well (but who knows what this trip will have in store just yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment