Tuesday 5 January 2016

UNIVERSITY


For me personally, university... especially engineering has been a challenge and sometimes a struggle. High school came easy, so I honestly never really expected to have any difficulties in university.

Last term during my third year I was the most stressed about school than I have ever been in my life. High school had come relatively easy to me and I never expected university to be as challenging as it was... naive I know.

Whether it was the commute, money, time, work load I constantly I felt like I was drowning, and my mental health was seriously at risk. So for once in my life I decided I should give myself a break, look at my situation long term and slow myself down.

By rushing myself and constantly pushing myself to just make it by, without truly retaining anything was my downfall. I decided to rearrange my school schedule and take an extra term in order to slow down and take my time to really be able to focus and most importantly learn. Then I could potentially have more time for my studies as well as a balanced life style and even eventually enjoy what I'm learning more because I understand the information.

This is where I am now, starting fresh in the second term of third year, seeing how this "slow down" goes.

I've thought about it time and time again, is this program right for me? am I really doing something I will love in the future? and overall what I am studying, the values and theories behind everything I am learning - I can truly say that whatever field I go into that involves the environment, conservation, and sustainability I will be happy. I just need to get through school in order to get to the place I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment