Sunday 12 April 2020

SAN DIEGO // DAY THREE


And on the third day we took a road trip to Palm Springs.


We woke up bright and early to find a gas station and a Walmart because we were on a mission to hook my cousin Jojo's car up with an Aux cord. Sadly not enough duck tap in the closest Walmart on route to our final destination allowed us to rig up our own music - so we finally accepted that we were going to be stuck with radio tunes for the entire trip. 

PALM SPRINGS

The drive to Palm Springs was scenic.

"Look at that rock." - Alberta Drake (2020)

"Look at that tree." - Angelica Tijssen (2020)

Stunned by the landscape we flipped between throwback, country, and pop songs on the radio. Before checking into our hotel, Ally and I went to Indian Canyons reserve for a hike in a LITERAL oasis.















We saw the cutest lil hummingbird!


It was all fun and games until the end of our hike, in order to get to the waterfall we had to cross a stream and climb a log. This is when my phone and I plummeted into the stream and scrapped my knee and bruised my ass. It hurt - my phone stopped working for a day due to water damage but it makes for a great story. Ally and I chaulked up my clumsiness to not really eating much lunch or water. Despite the fall it was nice to soak our feet in the cool water and take in the warmth of the sun.






PALM CANYON RESORT

Our resort was comfortable - it was nice to be able to chill and relax after a long drive and "strenuous" hike. We spent the evening watching Love is Blind with Blaze pizza in bed. Time to rest up - tomorrow would be our day in Joshua Tree. 


No comments:

Post a Comment