Tuesday 14 April 2020

SAN DIEGO // DAY FIVE & SIX



Here's a recap of our 5th and 6th day in San Diego


PALM CANYON RESORT

We spent the majority of our 5th day in Palm Springs - enjoying the sunshine and the pool after we checked out of our room. It was a breezy day but the sun kept us warm and we soaked in the hot tub. Before leaving we stopped for more gelato and for some photo's with the beautiful bugambilia.









CORONADO

On our last day in San Diego we made sure to jam it full of fun activities! We started the day off at Hotel Coronado. We walked along the beach, did some window shopping, and hunted down some green juice. After this vacay I was seriously craving vegetables - so I found the perfect pineapple kale juice to quench my craving.






BALBOA PARK

After lunch we went to check out Balboa Park. Here we explored the Japanese Friendship Garden and the Museum of Man - especially the Cannibal exhibit.





JAPANESE FRIENDSHIP GARDEN












SUNSET CLIFFS

Then we raced to Sunset Cliffs before our tattoo appointment - yes you heard me Ally and I got our tattoos this trip! At Sunset Cliffs there was a couple getting married and it was so beautiful. 













TATTOO

Ally and I got our tattoos at the Fun House Tattoo shop in Pacific Beach by Arty - he was great to work with and made this experience so much fun!

For a while now, Ally and I have been wanting to get matching tattoos to commemorate our sisterhood. We decided to get coordinates of the campsite location on Lake Temagami we houseboated to with our families back in the day. Those camping trips are what we believe bonded us for good - being in a small two person tent with Charlie (my dog) made us as close as we are today and we hope to one day come back to this camp site with our future families!!





Kevin even helped us figure out what font we wanted the tattoos to be in! He knows us so well!



GOODBYE

For our last meal in San Diego we had ramen - it was delicious... even though Ally and I felt rather ill for the rest of the evening... lol

I'm so thankful for this trip - I was able to connect with my family and nature. We were lucky enough to travel before the COVID-19 travel bans. I would love to eventually bring Kevin back here with me - but it was so nice to be able to do the girls trip we had been dreaming of! I loved California and could definitely see myself in a van traveling up the west coast.  Thank you Jojo for hosting us! Thank you Ally for being a great travel buddy! Til next time Cali xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment