Monday 13 April 2020

SAN DIEGO // DAY FOUR



Today was a monumental day in the one and only Joshua Tree National Park.


JOUSHUA TREE

Another early day in the hopes of beating the line up into Joshua Tree. We arrived close to 10 am , and to our surprise we easily drove straight into the park - skipped the line - were even waved through by a Park Ranger... we felt a lil bad ass. We didn't understand why other cars were stopped and lining up when we had just drove straight through the entrance... not complaining though.



MOUNT RYAN

We did a 4 mile hike up Mount Ryan, lots of steps later we were at the summit. 




Up here we enjoyed lunch with our chipmunk friend. It was a chilly morning - but don't fret by the afternoon it was blues skies ahead and the sun was shining down on us. 







CHOLA CACTUS GARDEN

Before hitting up the gift shop for stickers and candles, we stopped at the cactus garden. It was so beautiful, I have never seen so many cactuses out in the nature before! Not sure what happened to me during this trip but I turned into the clumsiest person between Ally and I. I ended up being attacked by a cactus as I was minding my own business taking a photo of my cousin.




^^ THIS PICTURE WAS WERE I WAS STABBED. 

After a lot of screaming and freaking out - Ally successfully lassoed the cactus attached to my thigh with my camera strap and yanked it off my leg. It stung like a bunch of ant bite's but again it adds to our adventure here in the desert.





Before leaving this dangerous territory we stopped to climb some rocks. Since the sky was finally blue we got some pretty great pictures.




Joshua trees in all their glory.



A yucca plant!



It was amazing to witness a different landscape - this was unlike anything I've seen in Canada. Different trees, plants and rocks! Wish we had seen some animals too but none were out besides the chipmunk this day. I would love to come camp here and see more of Joshua Tree's sites in the future. 

After our time in Joshua Tree we spent the afternoon with drinks and dorritos by the pool. We then enjoyed some delicious mexican food for dinner. It was quite a day and we were both looking forward to some R&R tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment