Monday 2 April 2018

IRWINS BIRTHDAY WEEKEND


Last weekend we celebrated Irwin's 23rd Birthday! We jam packed the weekend full of food, drinks, and multiple celebrations! Here's a recap of the fun times.

The weekend started off right by decorating the apartment for the weekend (/week after because kept the decorations up for longer). Irwin came home and he was surprised and delighted by my streamer set up (lol). This was the first of the other lil surprises we cooked up.




Friday night we tried Fleena's in the Glebe for the first time. The place had a really homie vibe, like a lone star but more down to earth since it's not a chain restaurant. Of course we had to try their fajitas, we got the pork, chicken, and beef. Everything was so freakin good, we definitely ate way more than we should. We also got dessert to share, a deep friend ice cream and apple pie. 





After dinner we rolled our way over to the Museum of Nature for Nature Nocturne. The theme of the night was Dig Your Inner Dino. I haven't attended at Nature Nocturne since my 20th birthday so it was really fun spending the night under the jelly fish. However, we were so full from dinner that we didn't do much dancing and ended up heading home around 10pm like a bunch of old folks. We spent the rest fo the evening playing board games back at home which was super chill. 






Saturday after Irwin and I finished up at work we made some pizza at home and at a Margarita themed night. From actual margaritas to margarita pizza we had a blast at home. Then we surpised Irwin yet again with a cake from his favourite bakery, 3 Tarts. The cake was so rich and the right amount of sweet. I definitely can't wait for another excuse to buy another cake from 3 tarts!!





Sunday afternoon we rallied and made our way to Andaz for Beats and Brunch. Here we enjoyed the view and breakfast buffet.




I'm so happy I could celebrate with Irwin for his birthday this year. Irwin has been my friend for almost 20 years and I've never had the opportunity to show him my appreciation of him. I hope we were able to make his birthday a time he'll never forget.

Happy (belated) Birthday Irwin!

2 comments:

  1. This birthday weekend looks enjoyable. Gratitude for the details. I am not an outgoing person but like to make my friends feel special and I do make efforts for that. At the local event venue NYC, I threw a barn themed 25th birthday bash for my best friend. She was stunned to see the arrangements and broke into tears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just seeing your comment now - apparently I don't know how to Blogger after all this time. Thank you for your kind words, you sound like a great friend! :)

      Delete