Sunday 1 April 2018

EAT: WILF & ADA'S


It's April and I've been slacking posting promptly. So let's talk about brunch this weekend and I'll rewind to March this first week of April.


Lately I've been enjoying treating myself to good food and company as opposed to other things. So while I was bracing myself for facing another somewhat lonely long weekend Courtney answered my prayers and asked to get together. I honestly don't mind being on my own, and I choose not to go home for holiday long weekends so I can work and continue to save money, but sure enough I do get a little moody when the time comes. Not to mention I love spending time with my girl Court let alone eating delicious food, what's not to be happy about!

We decided to hit up Wilf & Ada's for brunch, Courtney had never been and I swore it was worth the wait list!! This sweet lil scratch diner in Centretown has become one of my reoccurring favourite places to get brunch! While the wait usually runs 45 mins, they let you know as soon as your table is ready via text, allowing you to walk around town while you wait. You can also stop by there sister cafe just behind them for a latte while you wait.


Sure enough as soon as we got tired from strolling and stopped for a drink at Arlington 5 our table was ready. We took our coffees to go and made our way to some serious grub. 

After contemplating the menu because everything sounds amazing we got the Eggs in Purgatory and Avocado and Eggs to enjoy. I've had the Eggs in Purgatory before and knew it'd be scrumptious, but the Avocado and Eggs was new to me and I was really happy with my choice (I was super torn). I believe it's a fairly new menu item as well, I hope it sticks so I can get it again another time!




After brunch we chilled out back at my place and spent to day watching tv and girl talking. It was so relaxing to be able to just sit and spend time with someone "doing nothing". I'm truly blessed to have become friends with Courtney this past year and I can't wait for another brunch date with this sweet chicka again!

No comments:

Post a Comment