Thursday 26 October 2017

CLIFFSIDE



Since Sarah's been back in Ottawa we've been trying to find the time to escape away to her family cottage. She invited me out this week and fortunately for me, it's my reading week and I was able to get my shift covered at work so we were able to go. 

We arrived at Cliffside late Wednesday afternoon, the weather was absolutely beautiful (warning I say beautiful a lot in this post because I was seriously amazed). Perfect autumn weather! Cool fresh breeze, sweet smell of leaves in the air, and there was a warm beaming sun. On the way there we stopped by for groceries, and decided it was going to be a treat yourself 48 hours. We got all the fixings to make ourselves a homemade charcuterie board, surf and turf for dinner, chocolate cake for dessert, and eggs benedict for breakfast. Needless to say we got extremely good at eating copious amounts of food, and falling into food comas.

After the grand tour, we had a quick bite to eat and then took the boat out for a spin before sunset.  











I was blown away with how beautiful the cottage and surroundings were. I truly missed being out in the woods and being one with mother nature. Watching the sunset was a something out of a dream.

  







After boating we just chilled out with a movie and our surf and turf. Then we girl talked til 1 in the morning. Sarah set me up in the guest bedroom. It had the most breath taking view of the lake, and with the sky light over the bed I got to sleep underneath the stars.












Feeling inspired form the sunset views, I set my alarm to get up and watch the sunrise. However, when I did wake up it was still quite dark and cloudy so I chose to roll back over and go to sleep. I did wake back up at 9am though, and enjoyed my coffee out on the dock. Eventually Sarah woke up and we had eggs benedict for brunch. After brunch we took the boat out again for another spin. Being out on the water was so peaceful.

Back on land, Sarah and I tackled the leaves as per her grandmothers request. How could we not help out around the yard when we could stay at her cottage am I right? Little did we know how much of a work out raking some leaves off the driveway would be. It was 100% worth it though. We made a HUGE leaf pile and naturally had a photo shoot in it. #doitforthegram





















I honestly can't say it enough times, I'm so thankful for having such amazing friends who welcome me for who I am into their lives. It was so heart warming to be invited to Sarah's family cottage, and learn more about her and where she comes from. Everything from the cottage, to the lake, the food, the company was the most beautiful thing to experience. I'm so grateful to have been able to literally roll around in the fall leaves, and enjoy this beautiful season before fall is over. 

Thank you Sarah for taking me to your cottage, and I can't wait to make more memories with you. 

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment