Friday 18 August 2017

OTTAWA // WEEKEND



With only 3 days left in Ottawa, I had to show Andrea an amazing time so we jam packed our days filled with adventure. 

FRIDAY

On Friday we combined adventure and relaxation. We started off our day downtown and hit up Kontinuum (but more about that in a later post), the Bank of Canada Museum, and Rideau Centre. Then we headed over to the Quebec side to the Nordik Spa for some much needed relaxation.



At the spa we enjoyed cocktails, pools, sushi, and our very first FACIALS. Andrea and I really had no idea what we were walking into exactly, and when we came out of our separate facials rooms we looked at each other like WOAH. We agreed that it was the most luxurious and beneficial thing we've every done for our bodies and souls ever before. They went through a whole face treatment, as well as massage the shoulders, scalp, hands, and feet. It was the most amazing thing I've experience, and i can't wait to hit up the spa again and try their other treatments because I think they're well worth the extra cost!


SATURDAY

On this day we worked hard and played hard! We started off the day at Elevate Yoga (where I volunteer) with a yoga class, and then went SUP boarding on the Rideau River.





This was again yet another first for Andrea and I, we absolutely loved the thrill of paddle boarding. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and we were out having a blast. We really surprised ourselves with how active and adventurous we could be. It really inspired us to get out and travel together more, where we'd be able to experience more first like this.





I of course had to continue my mission of capturing Ottawa's sunflowers around downtown. This batch in particular is located by one of my favourite spots in Ottawa, the Ottawa Public Library by Bank & Alymer. The sunflowers out there are in full force and I encourage everyone to check them out before they're gone.

After SUP boarding, I took Andrea to my favourite bar nearby... LOCAL LANSDOWNE of course! Over some guacamole and drinks we discussed our game plan for our evening adventures.

First stop was the LCBO to pick up some drinks to kick off our girls night! I called up all my other local girl friends and invited them mall out to Andaz and Kavali for a dolled up night of laughs and dancing. 
















I had the most wonderful time with my friends this night. Andaz's rooftop view was everything I wanted and more. I would definitely go back for some sunset views and smooth drinks. Kavali's rooftop dance floor was perfect for this beautiful summer night as well. I hadn't been out dancing with just my girls for the longest time, and it was pure bliss getting dressed up, doing shots, and dancing carefree with them. 

SUNDAY

A little hungover but ready for yet again, you guessed it, another adventure and first. Andrea, James (our friend from Montreal), and I went to Calypso water park for a day filled with slides and lazy river rides.




James was so kind to drive us to the park and back (he lives all the way in Montreal, how crazy is that!?). I'm so thankful for him and his family for welcoming us with open arms. Their hospitality did not go unnoticed, I'm so happy tat Andrea is surrounded with such amazing friends such as myself (to toot my own horn) and James in her life. Throughout this week I really learned the value of friendship, not that I never appreciated it before, I'm just thankful for the friends I have.

This was my last full day with Andrea in Ontario. It was sad to say good bye without knowing the next time I'll see her again, but I know we're both planning big things for travelling in the future together. I'm so happy I got to show her how beautiful Ottawa is. Playing tourist/tour guide with one of my closest friends was all the vacation I needed this summer and I'm overjoyed with how it all went down. 

Til our next adventure! Adios xo

No comments:

Post a Comment