Sunday 20 November 2016

TATTOO



Thoughts about getting my first tattoo!!

I've always dreamed about the idea of getting a tattoo, and this summer I finally put my mind to it and figured out a for sure plan.

I am a lover of all things nature, earth, and FLOWERS. If you didn't already know my favourite flower has always been a sunflower. I think they are beautiful and represent wonderful things which I hold dear to my heart. Loyalty, strength, and beauty to name a few. If I were a flower - I'd definitely be a sunflower.






For at least 2 years I can safely say that I've wanted this tattoo idea - just hadn't figured out a way to execute it until this summer.

Back in January I even thought about trying to figure out what tattoo I wanted for my birthday, or for when I took my trip to Vancouver. But I wasn't able to find any tattoo artists that I really believed in and not going to lie - but I was a little nervous, I just wasn't ready.

Then I saw my beautiful coworkers tattoo, I asked her who her artist was. She told me it was the talented @kayliecs. Through Kaylie's account I found @samreadtattoos work which I also fell in love with. So I had gone from no artists in mind, to two and I was SO conflicted between the them.

From there I spent the next couple months stalking both of their portfolios online, while I tried to narrow down a place on my body I wanted to get my tattoo.

I was stuck between my hip, back, or shoulder. After much consideration I finally committed to my back between my shoulders.

Around this time I had noticed that Sam had previously done two other sunflower tattoos which had the style I had envisioned. So it was an obvious choice at this point, I would go to Sam and the flower would be placed between my shoulders.

So I waited until Sam's books were open again, and quickly scheduled an appointment with her. Then a couple days before my appointment she sent me a draft of my tattoo.



I loved it as soon as I saw it! For the rest of the days leading up to the appointment I was so excited.

My friend/adventure buddy Adam agreed to hold my hand while I got tatted up.

The tattoo shop was super cool, and once Sam was all set up we got started with my tattoo. Sam was absolutely wonderful and made me feel 100% comfortable. I would definitely recommend getting a tatto from her, and I would love to have more work done by her in the future! While my tattoo is fairly simple in design, I'm absolutely in love with Sam's attention to detail and style.






The pain was tolerable, obviously it hurt a bit - BUT it was bearable and only hurt when she was actually working on the tattoo. It definitely did sting a bit after the fact, but that's what happens after you get a tattoo haha.

The hour went by pretty quick, and I was super excited to see the outcome since I hadn't been able to watch during the entire process.

Once it was finished and I saw my tattoo I was filled with so much joy and happiness. Sam really took my vision and brought it to life and I couldn't have been happier!

Then after a couple weeks, my wonderful friend Vianca and I went out to take some pictures of me and my new tat. Can you tell I'm obsessed with it? (probably always will be)




Tattoo: Sam Read @samreadtattoos
Photos: Vianca @viancaacey

No comments:

Post a Comment