Sunday 6 November 2016

PARIS // SATURDAY



On our last full day of the trip, we hustled to King's Cross Station to make our way to Paris.

The train left the station before the sun had even come out, 2 hours later we arrived in Paris!

We quickly tried to figure out the metro system. As we were in line to buy our metro passes there was shifty fellow ripping open the gates to let people in for free. He made us feel a little freaked out, so we tried not to pay him any attention and do our own thing. Of course once we got to our station there were officers checking people's passes to check if people had paid.

So let's just say my first impression of Paris was a little shaky. From the smelly underground, to the crowded tube I was a little nervous.

As we emerged from the underground at the nearest station to the Louvre my perspective changed. Paris is beautiful! It may very well be rough around the edges but it certainly is just as romantic as it is in movies.





















It was about 11am at this point and we have 8 hours left in Paris on the clock. We started our adventure at the Lourve, but we didn't go in side due to lack of time but the grounds where just as enjoyable.

Rather than taking the tube to the next destination, we chose to walk from the Louvre all the way to Arc de Triomphe along the Champs - Elysees. As we walked along we stopped in the shops as well.









I made sure to stop at Laduree for some unreal french macarons.






For lunch we stopped at a quaint Italian restaurant Vesuvio. We enjoyed some pizza and pasta before continuing on our way.


It sounds corney, and even though I was accompanied by Irwin and Dan, I enjoyed my "romantic" walk with myself along the Champs - Elysees. That's kind of when it clicked that I managed to make one of my long time dreams come true, and I had made it to Europe on my own accord. However, I'm not going to lie... even though I'll always have Paris on my own... I can't to return with my future husband (haha that's going to be a while from now).








There was even  a little more fall colours in Paris!





Arc de Triomphe was so grand and beautiful!







After we headed to the Eiffel Tower, we made our way through the smaller roads this time. Taking in the classic architecture of the houses along the lane ways.

The Eiffel Tower was just as beautiful as I could have ever imagined it would be; even on the overcast day we were having.






















We decided that we would definitely have to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower! So after standing in line for what felt like forever we took the elevator up the tower.



















Not only was it chilly all the way up there, but it was super nerve racking since the levels were so open to the air. The CN Tower may be taller, but let me tell you the Eiffel Tower is certainly more thrilling due to the open air.

Of course once we were down from the tower the sky decided to clear up FINALLY! Then it was time for a quick snack, and the obvious choice was a warm crepe!

We then made our way back to the train station to head back to London.














On the train we decided to get a cheeky Nandos for "take away" back to our hotel with us! I definitely couldn't have left London without getting a taste of some true authentic Nandos first! I couldn't resist their chicken wings (which were HUGE and DELICIOUS btw).

It was certainly a wonderful way to end the most perfect and exhilarating day in Paris.

That's where the fairy tale really comes to an end folks. I hope you enjoyed all my little tidbits, I might share more of my thoughts later about what the trip meant to me... but all in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment