Saturday 5 November 2016

LONDON // FRIDAY



Another day spent in London, and needless to say it was wonderful. Here's what we got up to on our last full day in London.

First things first we went back to Buckingham Palace to see the changing of the guard. I'll admit at first it was kind of boring and crowded. Eventually I managed to wiggle my way up to the front of the crowd and the guards started playing and moving around more.








Then we went to Platform 9 and 3/4 at Kings Cross Station.





From there we went to check out Camden Market. First impression was that it was a little grungy, but I guess that's the point of Camden. I did however like browsing all the little shops and food vendors. We even stopped at the Lock Tavern, a traditional English pub for lunch, which was chill vibes.






Then we hustled over to Tower of London, and we managed to catch the last tour of the tower. The Castle was beautiful, however I will say - not what I expected. I for some reason thought the tower would be taller or bigger in some way..? Still really cool, and thrilling to visit somewhere with so much history and charm.



























Then we strolled along the river and took in the views of the Shard and Tower Bridge. In the evening we walked along the river, and took in the London views in the evening light. We even passed by Shakespeare's Globe on our way to Covent Garden for dinner and some window shopping.

We then enjoyed dinner at Jamie's Italian. I had the Panna cotta for dessert and it was scrumptious.

I already can't wait until I can visit London again, I truly love this city and wish I never had to leave.

Next up Paris!

No comments:

Post a Comment