Tuesday 28 June 2016

OPEN


Being a romantic at heart has lead me to always be searching for "the one". I'm not quite sure I believe in destiny, fate, or if everything is just coincidence- but I know one day I will find love.

I thought I had found that person, but when that relationship ended, the romantic side of me didn't quite know where to turn. I want to share my experience of how to move on and be open to love after a break up.



At first I thought maybe I should stay single for awhile? Give yourself time to heal. However it was so hard for me to just think finding love was over for me. I wondered if  I should stop looking for love? So many people told me love will find you when you least expect it.

After about a month of being on my own I was able to realize that I really do have a good sense of self. I know who I am and what I want; and what I want above all is to find someone who compliments my being.

Needless to say, when I finally felt open to meeting new people again- I did. I want to find love, and I'm no longer afraid of rejection because there is nothing more I can lose at this point. The only way to move forward and to be happy is to be open and take chances.

Now you're all probably going to laugh, but yes... the first move I made was to get tinder. I was very skeptical at first, but tinder is an outlet that has really allowed me to explore and consider what I'm looking for in a partner. It's also a fun and exciting way to meet new people you wouldn't have necessarily meet on an regular basis. So far I've gone on one tinder date, and it wasn't a complete nightmare aha.

I also allowed myself to take risks that I would have never considered before my recent break up. Being the very forward person that I am, I actually made the first move with a guy I found very intriguing. Rather than always waiting on a guy to take the initiative and be constantly questioning what he was thinking- I saw what I wanted and I just took the plunge. He was sweet, and whether I see more of him in the future or not I'll always appreciate the time we shared. I feel as though the brief friendship I made with him really showed me I could be open to new people.

It may feel like the end of the world when a relationship that you thought was going to last a life time is over, but in fact it's the exact opposite. It's the perfect time to reflect and reinstate all your hopes and to bounce back ready to achieve those dreams.

I can't wait to see what happens next in love and in life. I may not find "the one" right away, but I haven't closed myself off and given up. Be open, take chances, and most importantly have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment