Friday 13 September 2019

FIRST ROADIE: TORONTO



Kevin and I took our first road trip together.

We spent the night with some friends outside the city. After breakfast the next morning we headed to Toronto for a Jays game. The Blue Jays won and it was so exciting to watch them play for the first time since grade 6.








Our Airbnb head an amazing view of downtown and we could see the very tippy top tip of thee CN Tower.


The next day it was a little rainy, but we made the most of it and wandered a round before going for breakfast. We even got to some shopping before Kevin's surprise for the evening. Kevin planned a boat ride, where we could enjoy the view of the city from Lake Ontario. I was so happy with his surprise for me. It was super thoughtful and I'm so appreciative that I have a partner who takes the time to plan a lil something special for the two of us.





After the boat ride we grabbed dinner and went for a comedy show at Second City. It was a great night!



It was fun to stay in the city for a bit, but I think I still prefer the beach. On our way home to Ottawa we took a pit stop at Sandbanks. We soaked up the sun (a little too much actually, we both got burnt) and lay in the sand for the afternoon before hitting the road.



I feel so grateful for this time with Kevin. Meeting his friends for the first time was a little daunting, but as new and different as it was for the both of us I think we had fun together. I'm so happy we didn't come back from the trip tired or annoyed by one another - in fact we spent the rest of the week together. I feel so at home and at peace with Kevin and I just cant express how good I feel to be around him on vacation or in my every day life.

Cheers to future road trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment