Sunday 10 November 2019

LEAVES OF CHANGE



A lot more than just the leaves have changed this year. 
When the clock struck midnight in 2019 I never would have been able to guess the things that would be changing in my life this year. It been a crazy year filled with surprises, love, and some tears (happy and sad). I'll save a full year reflection for later but I'd like to note some recent changes in my life at the moment.

KEVIN

I'm beyond words that this year brought me my partner Kevin. It's been quite the adventure since we got together and I'm forever thankful to get to know him more and more each day. This thanksgiving I was so excited to see my family and tell them all about this amazing man and how happy he makes me.


LOCAL

I left my job as a server. I've been serving ever since I moved to Ottawa for university so it was a major change to give up the gig. It's been nice to have my weekends for myself or to spend quality time with the important people in my life. My full time job is actually starting to pick up as well so it's been nice to put in some overtime there as well. 


MOVING

This is the last year that Irwin and I will be living together. We've been living together for 4 years and during that time we've become great friends - or more like he's become my brother. Even though I'll miss hittin up the Pump and stumbling home, treating each other to 3 Tarts cakes for our birthdays, and our annual IKEA shopping sprees - I hope even though we won't be living together anymore that we'll still find time in the future to keep those traditions alive. While we've both grown up and are ready for our own spaces, I'm sad that we've reached the end of the chapter but excited for what's to come next. I'll be moving in with my friend Roxanne temporarily for a couple months while I get my barrings for the next chapter.


Here's to one heck of a year so far. Can't wait to see what else it holds in the last weeks left.

No comments:

Post a Comment