Tuesday 30 May 2017

TRANSFORMATION



It's been a minute. Just kidding it's been almost 4 years, but life has flown by. While I was mostly having fun, life has been up and down, I've experienced a lot and I'm just reflecting on it now (and again).


 2013


2016


I guess some of the most obvious differences are that I now longer have bangs and I got a tattoo.

In 2013 I was just beginning my bachelor's degree at Carleton, and now in 2017 I'm 2 classes away from finishing. I was in a relationship, and now I'm single (and down to mingle?). I've moved within the city, and found a home here in Centretown.

Above everything, I think what's most important is that I'm the most in tune with myself more than I've ever been in my life. I've grown a lot in these past 3 - 4 years, and I'm so pleased to say I feel the most comfortable, confident, and beautiful in my skin these days. My self love has certainly improved and been at an all time high.

Without jinxing it I also find that I'm more content, sometimes even happy with my own company than I was a year ago. Like most people I get lonely, I crave the company of my family and friends, but I'd like to say I'm happy to be with just me nowadays.

I'm happy with who I am today.

I'm proud of what I've overcome and accomplished, and now I'm pursuing even greater things (almost) post degree and moved on from the break up. My relationship is no longer my entire essence, and neither is my job. I'll admit I do work a lot, and sometimes it takes over, but with balance I still find time to do things I enjoy. I get out and explore during my time off, and I enjoy yoga and photography still.

It's been reinstated that I am someone of substance, who is remarkable in her own eyes which is truly all that matters at the end of the day. This notion is something I've always struggled with: being important to others. My perspective is shifting though, and I've realized I don't need others approval to live a full life.

Everything is different, so much has changed. My life and soul are forever evolving and I'm anxious and excited to see where I am in another 3 years time.

Cheers to me

No comments:

Post a Comment