Wednesday 24 May 2017

CENTRETOWN APARTMENT



My roommate Irwin and I recently moved into a beautiful new apartment in Centretown. We did our annual shopping trip to IKEA (and Homesense as well) to pimp out our new pad. I just want to share with you the preliminary decor of our place since I'm obsessed with it.

To be honest it's probably not much to most of you, but to me this is my first real home I'm... I guess you could say "investing in". We're still renting of course, but this year each of us actually purchased some new furniture to actually make the space our own. For instance I'm the proud new owner of our super cool new kitchen table, and I'm not going to lie, as silly as it sounds to be excited over a table, I'm excited about this stupid table.





From rehanging the air pants, to buying proper frames for my city maps, and just everything - I'm in love with the space! One of my little goals is to spend more time in my kitchen and living room area of my house. For the past couple years the only place in my home where I really felt was my own was my bedroom, and I want to make an effort to change this mind set.




I know it's no big deal to anyone reading, but for me this is a great change. Whether it be me watching Netflix on our new TV versus from my laptop in bed, or eating at MY NEW KITCHEN TABLE versus my desk, I want to start utilizing my whole living space and not just my bedroom. So to me this means making a personal effort to enjoy these spaces, but also entertaining other people in these spaces.





Now that we finally have another couch (not just a love seat) I feel more comfortable actually having get togethers or hosting parties. For starters, last night we hosted a small house warming with some close friends. We even extended the kitchen table out for some ultimate beer pong games. I also experimented with making tea infused cocktails for the first time! I tried out some Peaches and Cream cocktails, and they were pretty good if I do say so myself. I can't wait to try out more throughout the summer. It was so great and heart warming having friends over in our new space and I can't wait to throw another get together soon. Thank you to everyone who came out on a Tuesday evening (my Saturday night) for a night of fun! It truly meant the world to me, cheers to the next one! I'm excited for what this next year has in store for me and my roommates new little home in the wonderful Centretown.

No comments:

Post a Comment