Tuesday 23 May 2017

MAY 24 // TULIP FESTIVAL



Through the this past week I took any time off I had available to go see the tulips around Ottawa. From Parliament Hill, Major's Hill Park, to Dow's Lake I roamed across Ottawa to see the beautiful flowers.













I checked out this side of town on one of the first days of the Tulip Festival. Most of the flowers were in bloom this day, but it was still a little overcast so I was excited to see how the flowers would improve by the end of the week.


During the day before work on Saturday, Courtney and I headed over to Dow's Lake to see even more tulips. The sun was shining and the sky was clear, it was a beautiful day to be out walking around the park. 









While Dow's Lake was a total zoo, full of people trying to squeeze in to capture their instagram pic with the tulips it was well worth going to see. I absolutely love flowers, and being from a Dutch background I look forward to the tulips every year when I'm in Ottawa. I had such a fun time with Courtney as well (my newest friend and yoga buddy). Her enthusiasm and fun loving energy is something I cherish, and I'm so glad to have more people in my life like her.



Then later in the weekend I got to see the May 24 long weekend fireworks while I was at work. They definitely were a sight to see despite the rain (but still just as beautiful from Local's patio rather than from in the stadium). This summer is off to a beautiful start for sure. Cheers to long weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment