Wednesday 8 March 2017

WINTER


As this winter comes to an end, and life is renewed in the thaw (wow Angelica can you get any more corny?). Here's all the COOL (see what I did there?) things I did this winter.


I'll be the first to admit that I got so caught up in school, Christmas, work, and winter, to remember to blog about any events I went to these past couple months. So here's a quick recap for those interested- or at least for me to look back on.


Checking out the beautiful Christmas Tree in Lansdowne Park every time I went to work.


Cursing through the Gift of Light in Wesley Clover Parks while jamming out to Christmas tunes.


Being home with my girl, Charlie, for Christmas. It was a simple and relaxing holiday. No major plans, just spent Christmas and New Years with my parents and grandparents. 


After a day at the NCC (National Capital Commission), Adam and I checked out Winterlude. The sculptures were in their prime, and looked beautiful lit up that evening.





Let's not forget about Valentine's Day now shall we. Don't laugh - or do because I kinda am - I treated myself to Suzy Q doughuts (my all time favourites) and a bouquet of roses. Talk about self love!


Lastly winter in Ottawa came to a close (for me at least) during Red Bull Crashed Ice. While Irwin and I went downtown during evening to see the skaters and snack on some maple taffy, I was also fortunate enough to win tickets to the after party. So after braving the cold, we headed to Local to predrink and stuff our face with tacos. Then we went to the main even to check out some awesome DJs and dance the night away. We saw Adam Doubleyou, Thugli, and DJ Jazzy Jeff perform and it was gucci. 





And with that winter is pretty much thawed away. I'm so excited to see what new life spring brings, from new apartments, jobs, concerts (stay tuned), 2017 is pretty good so far.






No comments:

Post a Comment