Monday 15 August 2016

EXPLORE: RIDEAU RIVER



Today my friend Anna and I took the canoe out on the Rideau River. It was the most perfect day for a boating adventure. Here are my favourite shots of the day. 



Anna and I became close friends when we bonded over our struggle in Fluid Dynamics (a class we were both retaking). While she is one of more recent friends I certainly feel as though she is a sister to me. Anna has been there for me through all my highs and lows throughout school and life. I'm so happy to have become a friend to this amazing girl! She's always down for an adventure or easy going enough to just chill. Here's to one more boat ride before the summer leaves us.  


We started out trek just off of the Rideau River and paddled towards Mooney's Bay. We canoed to the locks and then back to the start. It was a beautiful day, just sunny enough that we could see the blue sky and breezy enough that we weren't dying from the summer heat. The wind also allowed us to get in a good arm work out. I had a blast canoeing today! This adventure really made me really miss the camping and canoeing I used to do with my cousins growing up. 







No comments:

Post a Comment