Monday 12 November 2018

thank you, next


Here's why I'm so thankful for my ex.

*(as well as ex lovers)

they taught me how to love unconditionally
how to accept flaws
how to listen
how to love unapologetically
how to take a joke
how to be spontaneous

(still haven't learnt patience)

they let me be free
free to travel
free to be selfish
free to make my own decisions
free to follow my own path

they loved me for me
for being my first
for glorifying my body and mind and making me feel beautiful
for making me feel wanted
for respecting my boundaries
for making me know i'm sexy 
for giving me good stories to tell my girlfriends

they taught me what i don't want in a partner
for accepting my brutal honesty
for being honest with me
for speaking with their actions

for playing it cool
for not resenting me
for forgiving the past
for being friends again

thanks for the texts back
for the "you up?" texts
for the "how are you?" texts (the most important ones)
for the "i miss you too" texts

this shit's amazing.

i've loved and i've lost

thank you, next









No comments:

Post a Comment