Saturday 28 July 2018

CURRENT ASPIRATIONS II


Here's an outdated post I wrote earlier in the year. To be honest I'm still a little lost, but slowly finding my balance as I go through a lot of change this year.


[Sometime in January February]

Another year older, and while I'm often overwhelmed and reminded just how sweet my life is at the moment I can't shake how lost I feel right now. So among the "chaos" I'm trying to redefine my current aspirations.

Last time I wrote about my aspirations was in 2016! While I will give my self credit for the things I did achieve in 2016/2017, I'm ashamed to point out that I still haven't completed that old list. I have yet to go to Canada's Wonderland, rent kayaks at Dow's Lake, or try a swing dance lesson. To me these aspirations are slightly more tangible and attainable than resolutions... but honestly maybe that's the wrong way to look at things.

When Andrea started asking my about my new years resolutions at the end of the year I honestly wasn't taking it seriously. Then once it was finally 2018, I was still lagging and I haven't yet been able to catch up. 

I think I need to stop blaming others for why I'm "behind" and start holding myself more accountable for the actions I make and don't make. I think about the reasons why I don't do the things I wish to do are because I'm afraid to do them alone or I'm lazy/unmotivated. I waste my time and attention on things that don't serve me or aren't sustainable.

So here are my current aspirations*:
  • read Kess's book
  • get a job in my field
  • pole fitness lesson
  • Canada's Wonderland
  • pay off half of my student loans (if not more)
  • read 12 books over the year
  • yoga at least twice a week
  • bouldering at least twice a month
  • spend more quality time with friends 
  • learn autocad and revit (actually tho)
  • go up north with my parents at least once this year
  • stay fit

habits to break

  • over sleeping
  • being unorganized
  • spending too much money
  • wasting time on useless boys
  • trying to rush/force things
  • caring about other peoples opinions
  • over eating 
*proud to see I've actually accomplished some of these since I wrote this piece.

IT's nice to have a place to keep track of my aspirations and hold myself accountable. I can already see how some of these aspirations won't be achieved this year. That's okay though, I have the rest of my life to follow my dreams. (barf I know but it's true)

No comments:

Post a Comment