Tuesday 2 January 2018

LIST No. 8


New years thoughts, and a revision of my List No. 7 made in 2016.

I'm going to keep it real y'all and let you know that this new year has got me in a bit of a funk. When I'm a sour mood the first thing I tend to do is start ranting to my friends, and then the second thing I do is to start aggressively writing in my journal. So naturally that's exactly what happened, and as I was cursing at the pages as I scribbled down my heated thoughts I came to a hault. I've been writing in this journal since 2016, since the break up, so pretty much forever. So I remembered back in 2016 (!!) I wrote myself a list (which you may or may not remember) to remind myself what I have to be grateful for. A list to pick me up during times of doubt and self dstruction, and for fucks sake it worked. I read over what 2016 me was thankful for overcoming and achieveing and I was like damn, I've managed to come even further another year or so later. That's when I stopped the ranting and starting writing a revised list of things I'm currently grateful for in this new year. Without further ado...

LIST No. 8


  • completed my Bachelors degree in Engineering
  • my solid core group of friends
  • living independently in Ottawa
  • able to soley support myself financially
  • meeting new people who taught me more about myself and others
  • working with a great yoga studio within a community of other inspiring yogis
  • my supportive parents and family
  • my great job that allows me to live comfortably and save for my future
  • having a roommate that I consider to be like a brother to me at this point
  • my health and my family's health
  • reuniting with my girls this past summer, and my cousin this upcoming week
  • new adventures and firsts (from paddle boarding to water parks)
  • my BEAUTIFUL apartment which I now consider to be my home
  • all the traveling whether it be to Europe or Montreal or Toronto
  • staying true to myself (however this is constantly a work in progress)
  • reaching 500 followers on instagram before 2018
  • and most importantly we finally own our own polaroid camera (thanks dad)
I'm truly so blessed, and while anger and frustration are a part of life I have so much to be happy about in my life that it makes it a lil easier to let that anger go. It's hard though don't get me wrong. This past week I keep hearing the phrase "remember when you wanted what you have now", and I couldn't help but reflect upon what that meant to me. I've come such a long way from 5 years ago, and while the future is unpredictable I'm confident that I will find happiness. Yesterday was just a bad day, and while I may be a lil late to the party I'm excited to see what the new year has in store for me next.

So here's to letting go (or at least trying to let go), and for striving for happiness always.

No comments:

Post a Comment