Monday 15 January 2018

HAPPY 23rd BIRTHDAY TO ME



This weekend I celebrated my 23rd birthday. From spending quality time with my cousin Ally (for the first time in 4 years) from the States, to dinner, drinks, and dancing with friends it was the most unreal celebration. This is my recap on my birthday week!! 

Starting the week off right, Ally flies into the city and we hit up the canal. The weather was absolutely perfect for skating, not too windy, a lil sun, and only -10 degrees instead of the -30 we had been experiencing early in the week. After skating 9km from downtown to lansdowne, we enjoyed beaver tails and later some ramen for lunch on Elgin.




The rest our days consisted of playing sims, having dinner and drinks at Local, getting mani pedi's, watching Bob's Burgers, and eating copious amounts of popcorn. Then on Friday night Ally, Irwin, and I went to Fauna for dinner, and Andaz for drinks. I've had my eye on Fauna for the longest time, and have been saving it for a special occasion. I'm so glad to got to treat myself to this amazing restaurant with two people I hold very dear to my heart. 


FAUNA:


DRINKS:

a single plum in perfume, floating in a man's hat - deaths door gin / plum brandy / green chartreuse / sugar / thyme
three amigos #4 - auchentoshan scotch / casa meroil vermut / averna amaro / dillons absinthe / bitters


STARTERS:

greens - caramelized goat's cheese / crispy chicken skin / cherry tomatoes / truffle + lemon vinaigrette
fried sunchokes - house bacon bits / parmesan / chipotle mayo / barbecue spice
elk carpaccio - sour gherkins / nori mayo / parmesan / fermented nectarine / mushroom / salt / potato crackers


DINNER:

spiced lamb shoulder - harissa / fingerlings / cauliflower / beans / pickled kumquat / chopped almonds / mint sour cream
quail - potato aligot / sunchokes / kale / cippolini / mushrooms / cranberry ginger jam / jus


DESSERT:

malt + whikey - malt cream / puffed grain granola / poached quince / maple whiskey / caramel icecream / malt doughnut
mont blanc - vanilla mousse / cranberry coulis / spiced chestnut puree / spruce frozen parfait

ANDAZ:

Here we took in to the sights of Ottawa over more drinks and music. 







The next morning we went to pick up some donuts from my favourite shop, Suzy Q!

Round two! On Saturday night I gathered the crrw together for dinner at the Waverly on Elgin. I was so happy to have some of my dearest friends join me for another amazing meal. After we tried to get into Charlotte across the street, but they were unfortunately full for the night. So instead, we enjoyed a drink at Pure Kitchen and ajusted our game plan for the evening. Since it was still early, and we discovered the club I was planning on going to was 23+ (and I was the only one turning 23) we needed a new plan. So we ended up going to the Pump, which suited me just fine since they have a dance floor and that's all I need. The party went til about 1 in the morning, it was so much fun getting to dance the night away.





I honestly count my lucky stars that I'm surrounded with so much love. Thank you to everyone who came out to celebrate with me, you really know how to make your girl feel special. 

This week was just the staycation I needed in order to energize me for the upcoming year. While it was fun to indulge and relax all week I'm definitely ready to start hustling. Being surrounded by the friends that support me through it all has reinstated how blessed I am, and how I can achieve my dreams with nnot only their support but with my drive. Barf, I know, how corny, but honestly I'd be lost without these people, and this year was off to a weird start. So thank you for reviving me once again and I love you all.  

Cheers to 23! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment