Friday 29 December 2017

ENGINEERING



It's amazing to think that 4 years came and went by so quickly. I'm proud to say that I'm officially done my Bachelor of Engineering, in Architectural Conservation and Sustainability, at Carleton University.


I may be in my 4th and a half year at Carleton, but I still feel just as excited and anxious for the future ahead of me as I was in first year. Engineering has been such an incredible and challenging experience. While there were many times of doubt, I'm proud to celebrate accomplishing this degree with the same passion for architecture and the environment that I had back in high school. 

On November 25, we gathered together for the Calling of the Iron Ring. I was lucky enough to have my fellow engineer and gal-pal Emma come ring me. It was honestly such a special moment, and I'm forever thankful for the people who supported me throughout my degree. I truly wouldn't have done it without them. This weekend was filled with celebrations, from the ceremony to dancing the night away at the Hooley's after party. It was amazing to be able to celebrate with the friends and peers who supported me throughout this journey. We spent so much time working our butts off to be able to celebrate and take in everything we've overcome and accomplished!






Special shout out to Adam for putting up with me for the past 4.5 years! Together we completed our 4th year final Engineering Capstone Project (along with our other amazing peers/team members). We also successfully become LEED Green Associates this term. I'm so excited to see where life takes us now that we're finished our degrees. I'll always be rooting for this guy, and I know he's going places! Forever thankful for Adam being there as my bestie, and I can't wait to reunite in Calgary someday! 



I'm looking forward for convocation to take place this summer with the rest of my friends and peers for I started this degree with! Stay tuned into the new year for those celebrations!

#CUnever

No comments:

Post a Comment