Saturday 30 December 2017

CHRISTMAS




This Christmas was spent between my parents home and my grandparents house out in the Country, as per family tradition. I had a wonderful visit at my parents house, where I got to see family and friends, and better yet cuddle the heck outta my dog Charlie.


I arrived in Toronto on the 21st, just in time for my parents 26th Wedding Anniversary!! After a day in Toronto spent with my dad, during his lunch hours, and Kess, we headed back home to where mom and Charlie were waiting. After a quick outfit change and refresh we headed out for a sushi dinner to celebrate my parents anniversary.

During the rest of my stay I got the pleasure of relaxing and recharging after my last university term and work as well. As a family we ate a ton of food, and saw the new Star Wars movie! It was really nice to be with my parents again even though they do tend to treat me like a teenager whenever I come home, which has it's pros and cons.

On Christmas Eve, we enjoyed dinner at our house and then want to our annual church visit at Claude Presbyterian. The church my dad went to as a child, and where my parents got married. It's always so heart warming to return this church every year for Christmas celebrations. Ever year things are slightly different than the last, and we meet new faces as well as reconnect with old ones. I only really remember people by face, since I only went to this church when I very little, but it's humbling to be remembered by them all and receive their well wishes.

For Christmas, we had our traditional brunch at our house. Then opened presents and digested our food. After we headed out to the country to my grandparents house. There we lit the fire, put on the christmas tunes, and ate even more food! I love going to my grandparents because it's a quite escape from the suburbs and it was a total winter wonderland out there!

After Christmas was here and gone, I was lucky enough to see some old friends! From Charity (who I actually got to see before all things Christmas), Nicole, and Erin, I was so fortunate to be able to spend time with my dearest friends during my visit home! I told them to all come to Ottawa any time and I'd be their tour guide!

It was definitely a holiday well spent! I went back into Toronto with my dad on the 28th, and during the day I got to spend more time with Kessandra. I'm so lucky to have her in Toronto, and it definitely tempts me to visit Toronto more often. Who knows what travels are in store for the new year though!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment