Thursday 9 February 2017

November 24, 2012



In the spirit of love, I want to use this post to reflect on my relationship with Liam. Seeing as I've made my peace with the past, I thought I could finally reminisce on the good of our relationship. So sincerely Liam, thank you for the loving memories. See you around.



2012/2013

Looking back I guess I'd have to say you really were my first, great, and true love. We were high school sweethearts, and for those who don't know the short of the long... I had a major crush on this guy long before he asked me out. So when he finally did I felt like I was in a dream come true. We became friends through our art and technological design classes, and we shared a love for architecture and adventure. It wasn't before long he asked me on what is still the best first date I've ever gone on. From sushi, to coffee, to the movies until 1 am in the morning, I knew we had something special. When he asked to be my boyfriend on November 24, 2012 I was so over joyed that such a kind and creative guy wanted to be with me. 




From there we experienced so many firsts; from kisses, sex, fights, beach adventures, to everything, we were together and we made each other happy. We supported each other through university applications; I remember hugging you so hard when you got excepted into architecture.  It was an honest young love, he was my best friend and I couldn't imagine ending high school without him by my side. 




We ventured to Ottawa together, and everything just fell into place so perfectly. We never planned on going to Carleton together, but the stars just aligned and we could be in the same place at the same time and continue to grow in love. We celebrated our first year anniversary together in the capital, exploring the National Gallery in the cold. I'll admit it wasn't easy, and maybe I was trying at times but trust me when I say I appreciated having Liam in my life. He opened my eyes to so many new things, from Oatmeal Crisp cereal to taking pictures on our adventures. He comforted me through university, and was my rock when I had trouble adjusting to life in Ottawa and handling university.


2014



This was the first summer we spent apart. It was surely the longest 4 months of my life, waiting to see him, missing his presence in my every day life. It wasn't easy, but we managed to see each other here and there that summer. It was a real challenge because we both needed to work as much as possible that summer to save for school, but we found a way to make it work. I remember whenever we did meet up, we made the most of it and soaked each other up until we had to part again. He made me feel so loved and cared for. I felt like I could be my true self around him, and I felt accepted for who I was. Thank you Liam for never judging me and always making me feel comfortable with you. 






2015





While I think somewhere along the way we simply grew into different people, who didn't want to except the changes at first, I think we made an honest effort to be the best we could be together. Together we went to see the Tragically Hip in Toronto, he always came to see me after a hard day of work, and we traveled to Montreal to celebrate 3 years. 





2016


I think we both didn't want to admit that something just wasn't right, which is ultimately why it ended as rough as it did. However, looking back I can say I loved making all those memories with you. I'll always look back fondly on how much we had fun with each other- even while we were arguing over directions. 


While I felt it necessary to get away, get my own space in order to properly move on from us, I do hope that maybe in the future we can be friends. If not friends, then at least be on good terms (which I think we sort of are now). I want us to be able to acknowledge each other. He was my best friend for 3 years, and it would make me happy to call him my friend again because I seriously think he's a great person. I do hope I made him as happy as he made me while things were good between us. I know life will work things out for us in time and we'll be friends one day, but for now thanks for the love we shared, I'll never forget how you made me feel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment