Thursday 2 February 2017

BEAUTY: Kiehl's Focus


After consistently using Kiehl's products over the past year, I wanted to share with you my love for some products. (and by some I mean a lot because I'm obsessed) 


A goal of mine throughout this year was to improve my self love, which in turn meant improving my self esteem. This ultimately lead to me truly starting to invest in my skin. I've always had an oily complexion, large pores, acne prone skin, and I've always been self conscious about it growing up. I've gone through the motions and tried different products here and there, but never really found something that did as well of a job as Kiehl's does for my skin. After a full year of consistently using these products I'm finally happy with how my skin looks and I notice how my confidence as improved. I highly recommend Kiehl's, in addition to there great customer service their products also work well (at least for me).


Ultra Facial Moisturizer

I've been using this moisturizer for a solid year now. I bought in the dead of Ottawa's brutal winter and my skin was super dry (which was unusual because I usually have oilier skin). This soothes my dry patches, and now I just use it at night to lock in all my products while I sleep. This bottle also lasted me the whole year and I will have to go back soon to pick up more.



Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleanser

I have also been using this cleanser every day for the past year. It gently exfoliates, making it perfect for every day use. What I like about the exfoliating properties is that I find it really helps clear my pores and leaves my skin feeling clean and tight.

Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion

I bought this moisturizer during the spring, after my skin recovered from being super dry. It's perfect for daily wear since it reduces the appearance of pores, is lightweight, and I find that it has a matte-ish finish. However, don't make the mistake I made and discard the removable top cover, because without it this product dries up easily and clogs the pump. Now I make sure to put the cover back on after I use it and I haven't had anymore problems with the pump getting clogged.

Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque

I usually use this mask when I feel like my skin is heavy and needs to be "stripped" for lack of a better expression. I usually use it once a week maximum, or at least once every 2 weeks (but really only when I feel like my skin needs it). So far it's been great, and has lasted me throughout the year).

Rare Earth Pore Refining Tonic

I never really understood toners until I started using this one in particular. I found this product useful for clearing any "leftovers" off my face after cleansing. While this is not its primary use, I often find myself using it to wipe away the last traces of mascara in addition to any other "junk" after cleansing. I find that it helps refine my skin and is another helpful product for clearing pores.


Ultimate Hand Strength

This product is new to me, but I decided to treat my hands this winter (after I noticed how dry they were from work and the weather). This lotion is thick but not greasy, and cured my scaly reptilian hands in less than a day. I also love the fact that it smells of natural eucalyptus. 


Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

Due to my large pores, I wanted to invest in a product that would really remove all grime from my face and pores. This rough and fine scrub does the job without drying or irritating my skin. I use it about once a week, and after using it for almost a year I can definitely say I've noticed my pores looking tighter.

Face Care Cream to Even Skin Appearance

This is also a new product to me this year, it was recommended to me from one of the lovely sales associates after I told her I wanted to diminish my hormonal acne. After observing my skin she guided me towards this cream, ensuring me that it would help prevent and heal acne. Sure enough like any other product I've mentioned so far this cream did exactly what it said it would do. I've noticed that I usually have 2-3 bad spots on my face at all times, which in turn adds to self consciousness about my appearance. With this cream, a little goes a long way, and it's very effective. Now I only get one bad spot once every month (so far knock on wood), which is an immense improvement. I usually apply it to problem areas, where I tend to break out more (chin, nose, forehead... well almost everywhere really). So far it was been effective at preventing breakouts, while I have gotten one bad spot this month this cream helped soothe the sucker quickly.

Clearly Corrective Skin Brightening Exfoliator

I find that exfoliating my face fairly often works best for me because it keeps my face clear of any junk. (not pictured in this post) This scrub makes my skin feel really clear and tight after I use it as well.


Midnight Recovery Concentrate

This is a product that I've had my eye on for a while, due it's cost I waited to buy this oil for a long time. Once I did purchase it I was pleasantly surprised, after just one night of using it I noticed its affects right away. The calming lavender soothed my skin overnight, and fully moisturized my skin. I'm excited to skin how consistent use of this oil will change my skin. I use this oil after my serum, but before my moisturizer so that it gets "locked" in.

Daily Reviving Concentrate

While I'm currently only using a sample, I'm very intrigued in using this day oil in combination with my night oil. I'm definitely looking forward to purchasing the full size once my sample runs out. I love the fresh, slightly floral scent it has, in addition to the dry oil moisture it provides my skin during the day.

Hydro-Plumping Re-Texturizing Serum Concentrate

As the name says, this serum (my to full size to purchase) certainly helps revive my skin, making it look healthy and plump. It definitely helps refining my skins texture, and I look forward to seeing it's continued application affects.

Scented Pear Lip Balm

Kiehl's by far has the best lip balm I've ever tried (also not pictured here before I forgot it in my purse). I love this gel formula, it sticks to my lips without being study. It doesn't soak up to quickly, but once it does my lips feel moisturized for a long time after. The unique pear scent is something I enjoy as well.

Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado

To be honest, I've only been using samples of this cream so far. What I've been doing it emptying out my samples into a reusable container in order to use up the product without it drying up. This thick, luscious cream sinks right into my skin and I love how refreshed it makes my eye area by morning. 

Honourable mentions in my skin routine:


Tea Tree Oil

I love using this tea tree oil (from the body shop) on my spots and blemishes. It dries up the spot in a matter of days and leaves my skin nice and clear.



Pink Peppermint Foot Cream

This rich foot cream (from Lush) I received for Christmas from my girlfriend Nicole. It has a calming peppermint scent and makes my feet feel silky smooth. I love using this cream, since I'm a server my feet appreciate the extra love. 

Well there you have it, long story short I'm obsessed with these Kiehl's and some other great skin care products! In combination I've been really enjoying the results of using all of these products consistently. They've significantly improved the texture or clarity of my skin and I'm so happy I invested in these products over the past years.

If you have any recommendations or questions please feel free to leave them for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment