Sunday 15 January 2017

22nd BIRTHDAY




For my 22nd birthday I had a whirlwind of a weekend with friends and family. Here's how I celebrated feelin 22 ou ou~




I spent the morning decorating my apartment in preparation for a small predrink with my OG squad from day one in university. We started the night off with a bang, playing drinking games, taking pictures and having a good ol' laugh.


This whole crew has been with me from the very beginning and I can't imagine my university life without them. They are my ride or die and I'm forever thankful to have them all in my life.










Then from my house, my wonderful friend Mo picked us up and drove us to Local for drinks and food. There we met up with everyone else who came out to celebrate with me. From all my working gals, to school friends, to EVERYONE I was surrounded by so many loving faces I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the whole night even if I tried.


After Local we headed to our next destination to dance the night away.


This will sound silly but I was so happy when one of my girls from work, Reina came out to the club to celebrate. Don't get me wrong I love each and everyone of my coworkers, but I've found it to be sometimes challenging for myself to make strong connections within jobs because of my insecurities. I'll admit that some jobs it just happens so naturally, but with others when you only work part time and you only see these people like once a week - it's hard to open up and really let people in (I have this complex where I worry about people not really wanting to befriend me). However, I know it can't be true after a night like this when I somehow managed to get everyone together in once place to celebrate my birthday. All this being said, I want to say Reina is truly the first person at my job to really take the time to connect with me, and I appreciate her and think she is the most amazing girl. Thanks for making my night extra special!




I wish I had gotten more pictures at Local and Eve but I was too busy having fun with everyone haha


Thank you to everyone who came out last night and for all the wishes on my special day, you all mean the world to me!!

I just want to say some special thanks to some people, because I want to ensure that your small actions did NOT go unnoticed and I'm so appreciative of all your support.

Thank you Mo for being like super hero and being the DD all night! (Special shout out to James for DDn' as well)

Thank you Anna for taking care of my tab and holding my purse. (Special shout out to Adam and Vianca as well)

Thank you Adam for holding my phone because as pretty as my dress was it didn't have pockets.

Thank you to Rebecca (and Anna) for making me drink water. (even though I didn't want to)

Thank you to Cassie, Reina, Hacker, and Sho for the shotssss.

Thank you Aaron for coming out to party and getting spiffy for me.

Thank you Mairaj for keeping me warm while we waited for Mo to get the car.

Thank you Irwin (my amazing roommate) for cleaning the apartment while I was out shopping today.

Thank you Uncle Dave, Auntie Jayne, and Jack for a delicious birthday dinner.

Thank you Larissa for the fabulous lunch and girls day.

Thank you James for my "shopping spree" and letting me steal your girl during the day.

Thank you Danielle for my birthday cake and hooking up with free cover at the club.

Thank you Ryan for coordinating getting everyone to the club while I was too busy socializing.

Thank you Local and Eve for having me and celebrating my big day with you as well!!

Your girl is feeling mighty blessed to have you all.

Happy Birthday to me xo

No comments:

Post a Comment