Saturday 30 July 2016

EXPLORE: NORDIK SPA QUEBEC




This past Thursday evening my roommate and I decided to treat ourselves and check out the Nordik Spa in Quebec for the first time.

I thought I'd share my thoughts on the experience for anyone who is considering going to Nordik.


The Nordik Spa in Chelsea, Quebec is set in a beautiful location surrounded by nature. It felt as if we had traveled to some northern retreat, but it only took just under an hour from downtown to get there.

To our surprise the spa was relatively busy for the Thursday night, but after a short wait we got our wristbands, robes, and towel and were all set.

We went for the Thermal Experience and the Kalla Treatment. The Thermal experience gave us access to all baths, saunas, and lounge areas at Nordik. We made it our mission to try out every single one of the unique pools and saunas.

The pool temperatures ranged from hot, temperate, to cold. It was interesting how the body climatized to the water as you go from hot to cold or vice versa. After exploring the different saunas, we found that we most enjoyed the 15 degree Celsius pool to cool off in. Not to mention that this bath in particular had a great waterfall to lounge in as well.

The Kalla Treatment is a salt-water floating pool which benefits are promoting restful sleep, elimating toxins, and reducing stress to name a few. This soothing bath is definitely the most calming thing I have ever experienced... which was definitely something I needed after the past couple months. As you float in the water, you let your ears fall below the surface and listen to the enchanting music as you drift around. I would definitely recommend this experience to anyone who really needs something to promote more calm in their life. However, next time I wold love to try a massage in addition to the Thermal experience.

Some noteworthy saunas I quite enjoyed were the orange aromatherapy steam sauna and the regular aromatherapy sauna with no steam. I enjoyed these because of the calming and invigorating scents and how detoxifying the steam felt.

One of my favourite relaxation areas on the grounds was a net nestled in the trees over top over a small stream. You could lay back and watch the clouds pass by among the tree tops... now that's relaxing. The hot stone rock beds were also quite nice and soothing to lay on. My hard working muscles definitely appreciated the heat from the stone.

Before dusk we took a break and headed to the Restaurant and Lounge for some food and drink. Not only was the service fantastic but the food was worth every penny. We actually found the prices to be quite reasonable and comparable to most ordinary restaurants. We shared the artichoke dip (which was delicious), and then for my main dish I kept it simple with a caesar salad with smoked salmon (also delicious). I also enjoyed a Blue Lagoon cocktail with my meal (again, you guessed it delicious).

Once dinner was over it was officially night time at the spa and we could admire the stars in the night sky. We soaked in the infinity pool and took in the breathtaking view of Gatineau in the distance.

The Nordik Spa was a wonderful and well deserved treat after the past couple months of stress from work and life in general. It was nice to escape even for just one night, and reflect in order to regain that sense of calm that I needed before heading back to school. I can't wait to get back out there and try their different massages or treatment they have to offer.    

No comments:

Post a Comment