Friday 3 January 2020

2019


A 2019 reflection.



A year in review (not in exact order):
  • Started my current position as a structural engineering intern
  • Sang my way into my 24th birthday with a night of karaoke 
  • Bought my dream car - Doug the Bug
  • Moved to Westboro
  • Moved out of Westboro - moved in with Roxanne
  • Had a girls reunion in Montreal
  • Traveled to Toronto plenty
  • Saw a Blue Jays Game
  • Traveled to Alberta
  • Attended Osheaga - saw Young the Giant
  • Visited Quebec City
  • Experienced my first wedding season
  • Fell in love and I'm in a relationship with Kevin (and he makes me very happy)
  • Quit my serving job
  • Made new friends at work
  • Tried new sports - golf and dragon boat racing
  • Saw Daniel Caeser in concert
  • Visited the AGO infinity room
2019 was a full year of highs and lows. Ultimately it's been a huge year for growth and love. 

This year I achieved milestones I've been dreaming of for the past 5 years (work and Doug). It's been a blessing to watch my success cultivate as I set even bigger goals for the next 5 - 10 years.

I checked some bucket list items off my list, which has been extremely thrilling. I'm so thankful to have had so many pleasurable experiences with friends or even solo.

One of the bigger - yes even bigger than being with Doug - was falling in love with Kevin. There are not enough words to describe how happy this man makes me. He is the partner of my dreams and while our journey had a rocky start, it's made us so strong and confident in our connection. I'm so excited what this year will bring to our relationship - it's only up from here I think!

Being a creature of habit and enjoying the comforts of my own space, ending this year in a new home has been a challenge. I'm so so so grateful for Roxanne opening her doors to me. Irwin and I lived together for 4 years and while we out grew our living conditions - I miss the home we made and shared but know our friendship is greater than just sharing a living space. I'm starting to feel more settled in each day and I hope to soon embrace my new home until Kevin and I find our next home together :)

So cheers to 2020, I can't wait to see what the new year will bring. Happy new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment