Monday 13 November 2017

RUPI KAUR // THE SUN AND HER FLOWERS TOUR



Last night, my dearest friend Lena and I went to see Rupi Kaur perform her last show for her book tour in Ottawa at the Canadian History Museum. 


With much anticipation we arrived at the venue early, hoping to get front and center seats. Even though we were there half and hour early, we still stood in line for an hour until they let us take our seats. We managed to at least be center stage, eager to see and hear Rupi recite her words. 



Rupi was poised and wild all at the same time. She was humbled by Ottawa's reserved crowd, and I admired how much effort she made to connect with us during her show. I'm still blown away with how she's able to embody and articulate my emotions and experiences with her poetry. To see her speak was empowering to say the least. I'm not one for words myself, so I'm forever grateful for her healing tone and expression. Ottawa was even lucky enough for Rupi to do her only Q&A while on tour for her last show.




There was so much love in that room last night. I'm forever thankful for the women in my life who lift be up and inspire to achieve great things. Thank you Lena for reaching out to me and inviting me to come see Rupi with her. Thank you Rupi for helping me on this journey of self love and perseverence. It was surely a night I will look back on in time of doubt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment