Tuesday 18 July 2017

BANGS



It's been a minute since I last had bangs, and like the corny lady I am - I'm here to reflect on some other changes in my life. 



To the majority of people in my most recent social circle, getting bangs was a BIG change! However, I first got bangs somewhere between 2010 and 2011. So to me getting bangs AGAIN, feels like going home, feeling young, and more importantly being my most genuine self once again. 

Don't get me wrong it was an amazing feeling to reveal my "new" do to new friends and coworkers. Seeing and hearing their reactions really warmed my heart. Their compliments hit me right in the feels and they really couldn't comprehend why if I told them. When they said things along the lines like the bangs "suite you", "they're so you", "how have you not done this sooner??" it really made me realize how much I've had to go through this past year to get back to being my most authentic self.

The long of the short is, due to recent evaluations at work I realized how I've changed physically as well as mentally over the course of a year. I know I say this kind of thing every couple months, but I'm in a better place I swear! It was some other late night that I was flipping through a journal I've been writing in since the break up. There were so many days where I felt so low, lonely, and probably down right depressed. Now a whole year and half or so later, I never wake up feeling as sad as I used to. Sure I'm tired from work, but it's different - I feel like I have purpose and motivation again. It's really eye opening reading about my transformation through my own recollections. I've seen the change in myself first hand through these work evaluations. 

When I first started at my current job, I was a little more shy and reserved. I was eager to work but I wasn't making connections with my coworkers because I simply didn't feel like I was worth anyone's time because I was rejected by someone I loved. It sounds so easy, but it simply just took time to heal and feel like myself and feel comfortable opening up to people again. 


The above picture is me back in high school, during a photo shoot for when I was running for class president (like the nerd I am). Below is me today, (still a nerd) finally happy and feeling more beautiful than I have ever felt in my life. 

Thanks for all the compliments, they mean the world to me. xo




7 comments: