Saturday 2 September 2017

SUMMER REFLECTION II



With the crisp autumn air rolling in, I figured it was the right time to sit down and write my summer reflection. Just a little pause to reminisce on all the adventures that happened this year, and to check in with where I am this time of the year. 

This summer was filled with so many different adventures. From annual outings such as the Tulip festival to many firsts, this summer yet again topped the last.




Like the flowers that bloomed, I made so many new connections with so many wonderful people. (barf I know how corny). While I've finally really started to open up at work and make more friends there, I've also come to the conclusion that I don't have to be as involved I used to think I should be. I've realized (yet again) I want to invest my time in the people that will be around 5 or 10 years down the road. That's not to say I don't love meeting new people, I just realized I don't have to be best friends with everyone I meet. 



Spending Canada Day in the capital was so surreal. I'm so happy I got to experience this grand occasion here with my friends. We pushed through the crowd and survived the rain, and I finally got to see the most beautiful fireworks. #canada150


As usually, the summer was for getting back into yoga. Like last summer it was an amazing experience, soaking up the sun with my ladies out on the hill. I also started volunteering with Elevate this summer! Now moving forward into the fall I can continue my yoga journey and I can't wait to see where it leads me. 


One of my favourite parts of the summer was traveling to Toronto to reunite with my soul mates. I had the most wonderful time exploring Toronto with the people who know me best. Then to top it all off I got to show Andrea my beloved city! Together we experienced so many firsts from facials to SUP boarding!! I can't wait to see where we travel together next (and maybe as soon as next year).



Summer Highlights:
  • Moved to Centretown
  • Tulip Festival
  • Exploring the Arboretum 
  • Parliament Hill Yoga
  • Elevate Yoga
  • Glow Fair
  • Canada Day
  • Getting bangs again
  • Toronto vacation
  • Ottawa staycation
  • Konituum
  • Exploring new Gatineau Park trails (Pink Lake and Pioneer Trail)
  • Mom and Charlie coming to Visit
  • Mosai Canada
  • SUP boarding
  • Andaz rooftop patio
  • Friendship tattoos
  • Retiring as a Tea Guide
  • and so much more... 


And yes, I left my second job to put more energy into my first job. Working at Davids Tea was a total whirlwind experience. From having an interview on the spot, to getting hired on the spot, to working there for a blissful 2 years. I made so many close friends who I can call sisters. I couldn't be more thankful for a job that filled my life with so much positivity and joy. However, like most good things they must come to an end. It's time for change and it was time to hang up my apron. Thanks Davids Tea for being the best job ever!

That's my summer in a nutshell, it always felt jam packed while it was happening but now that it's over it feels like it went by so fast. I always wish I accomplished more, but that's what this fall is for. Trust me when I say I'll be going for more hikes this upcoming season (Adam brace yourself). 

And how am I might you ask? I'm doing really well, I'm feeling really solid and that I have a good grip on life. Which is why this finally university term will be a great challenge. I can't wait to shake up my routine with class and being able to focus on just one job full time. I'm feeling good with where I am and who I've grown to be this summer. Next steps are to finish my degree and start job hunting along side my courses. Hopefully that will put me in a good place for this coming winter job wise... but let's not get ahead of ourselves... baby steps, and deep breaths.

Cheers Summer 2017 you were amazing! 

Hello Fall how you doin'?


No comments:

Post a Comment